Sunday, May 20, 2012

Vintage Tea Trolley Inspiration

Hello Readers, well it has been a couple of weeks since my last post and I was actually hoping I would have posted more then I have, but so many things have happened and to be quite honest, I haven't done any fabulous hokohoko shopping anywhere, no bargains and no vintage lovelies to show off. (Well I am lying just a teensy bit.)

I have actually been to the Avondale flea markets a couple of times, the purpose of those visits were to buy fresh veges, but I just had to visit my favourite place to be at the moment well I was there, "The Underground Market" I did manage to find a few pieces that were in need of some TLC and I love, love, love them. Since my camera has gone walk about, I will have to post the photos another time.

Last weekends visit to 'the Underground Market', was quite a thrill actually, I only had a $20 budget once again, this time I went slightly over but I had to have these two items, one was a vintage tea trolley, which I ended up getting for $10 and another little side table that cost me $10, plus a milk glass hobnail candle holder, which was $2.

The vintage tea trolley, was a jump and down with excitement moment, all the possibilities, crisp white, cream, powder blue, pale pink, mellow lemon, retro print wallpaper, damask wallpaper. DIY makeover, goes to the Vintage tea trolley, so once I arrived home, you guessed it! I was searching for images of restyled tea trolleys and I came across this amazing blog. Restyled Vintage that had pretty much the same tea trolley, plus all this other amazing vintage wooden furniture she had madeover, so check it out. This tea trolley is pretty close to the one I scored myself.


I can't wait to get started my own tea trolley.

Unfortunately you will have to wait for the camera to get an idea as to what the side table looked like, its definitely not to everyone's taste but they can be so handy around the house sometimes.

The candlestick holder, is pretty similar to these ones below,


So I suppose I done pretty well, don't you's think. The next post I will talk about this mornings treasures so do keep an eye out for it.

Check out these blogs for more amazing finds

Tinker
Her Library Adventures
Zaranne-hanmade
The Thrifty groove

Happy hokohoko shopping everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment