Sunday, May 6, 2012

Poppies from the North Shore

I was working over the shore on Thursday and had a meeting at Birkenhead Library, which was right up my alley, as there are 4 Hokohoko shops in the Birkenhead township, Birkenhead Sallies, North Shore Hospice Shop, IHC Op Shop and I think it's called the St Andrews Church shop, all within a 2 minute walking distance from each other. I decided to go home around the Upper Harbour way and ended up stopping in at the Avondale St Vinnies and Sallies.

I came home with a Poppies print by Claude Monet , I don't know what it is maybe it was because of ANZAC day, I thought I should buy it, anyhow I love it, I love the poppies and for $8 from the Birkenhead Sallies, why not, 




I came across a few pieces at the Birkenhead Sallies that I would have loved, but I think that I was just being a scrooge that day, 3 bevelled edge mirrors that were so pretty but I felt I could get them cheaper elsewhere, I went back there yesterday and they were gone, I am totally gutted about it!

On my way home Avondale St Vinnies, presented me with a little beautie, Crown Lynn Autumn Splendour Tulip Cup, plus another Crown Lynn Cup and Saucer and another exactly the same at the Avondale Sallies, unsure of what the shape is called as of yet, 




Crown Lynn, Crown Lynn, Crown Lynn! Happy hokohoko shopping everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment