Monday, May 21, 2012

Fast or your last

Yesterday mornings visit to 'The Undeground Market' was definitely thrilling, but annoying. Some people just don't know when to give up. Like I said in my last post I really haven't been doing much hokohoko shopping and this was my normal weekly shop at the Sunday Avondale Flea Market.

So getting down to business, now I really scored some bargains yesterday, but I have to tell you this story. I had seen a side table that I really liked, so I asked the keeper how much, he said $10, because I wanted to carry on looking I left it there and thought I'd wait for my husband to come. Along comes another guy, he asks how much for the table and this time a different 'keeper' gave the same price, this guy then walked away, my husband walked in shortly after, I asked him to grab the table, because I asked for it first, plus the guy had walked away. We went to the front and I paid for it, then along comes the guy saying he was going to buy it, I said mate the owner has just sold it to me, I left it that, first in, first serve, I was totally excited about this buy, plus I also picked up the retro chair, that I wanted last month, plus my fave Round bevelled mirror, the chain has rusted and the mirror somewhat distorted, but I scored 3 items there I absolutely love, all up I spent $20, sticking to my budget.

My husband then took our things back to the car because we still had our vege shopping to do, so I stood outside waiting for him, then along comes the same guy with another keeper, trying to tell me that he had brought it, I said to the keeper I paid, ' I paid you for the table right ', the guy tried to say that I stole it, the guy then says ' but I was going to buy it!', I said to both keepers, talking to them alone ' look I paid for the table right? '  they looked at eachother and agreed, I then turned to the guy and said ' the deal is done, it's paid for and it is already sitting in my car. '. I couldn't believe that he tried to say that I had just walked out with it and that  I had to explain that to him. LOOSER!

So it was sort of sour in the end, I had to tell my husband when he got back he just said to me, "fast or your last mate" and well thankfully this time I wasn't, because I love this table. Once again no photos except the retro stool and I can do a look a like mirror I suppose, you will have to wait for a photo of the table I love so.





This photo was taken about 3 weeks ago I missed it on last weekends visit thinking someone had brought already, but it was there yesterday only all the white caps were missing, so I offered $5 and this beauty was mine. I can't wait to re upholster with some retro oil cloth, like the stools I have seen on the Restyled Vintage  blog.


And well this is much more crisp then my bargain I got for $5, but it was a bargain.

Check out these blogs for more thrifty finds.

Happy hokohoko shopping everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment